HEALING GREEN LEEK AND CHARD SOUP
Whether you are feeling under the weather OR simply doing everything you can to STAY healthy, this flavorful and satisfying soup does the trick!
Prep and cook: 1hr, serves 6
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 large leeks (white and pale green area) washed well and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups broth (I use a combination of homemade bone broth and vegetable broth)
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets and stems, chopped
- 10oz frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 small potato, peeled and grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- sliced green onions and avocado for garnish
In a kettle, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add leeks and garlic, stirring until leeks are tender (approx 10 min). Add broth, chard, broccoli, spinach, potato, and salt. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer and cook, covered, until vegetables are tender (approx 25 min).Â Use immersion or countertop blender in batches to puree until smooth.
Turn off heat, stir in lemon juice and parsley. Taste and season with salt or other preferred spices or herbs (I like rosemary and thyme), ladle into bowls, and garnish with scallions and avocado, and a side of grains or black beans. YUM!